Banana bread is one of my favorite feel good things to bake so today I'm battening down the hatches and baking this chocolatey banana-ry goodness. We have especially wet and windy weather here in SoCal at the moment so I need all the feels I can get. I know there are a million banana bread recipes out there, but this one is so light and airy. It uses ingredients that you already likely have in your pantry and it bakes up so nice and big, that there's lots of slices for everyone!
Plus, there's only ten easy steps between you and this deliciousness! Read below for all the details.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tablespoon almond milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
*You'll need three mixing bowls*
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a glass loaf pan.
2. In one of the mixing bowls, add the flour.3. Add the baking soda, baking powder and salt.
7. In the third bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well. Then stir the banana mixture into the butter mixture.
8. Stir in the flour mixture.
9. Fold in the chocolate chips and then pour the cake batter into the greased glass loaf pan.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do!