Thursday, September 22, 2016

Shoe refashion


This is such a fun idea and although I used a new pair of shoes for this project, how good would it be to breathe new life in to an old pair of shoes and make them last a little longer? I made these shoes back in May, and I'm happy to report that they are still going strong! Although I can't say I've worn
them every single day over the summer, they have had good use and the fabric is still perfectly intact and not coming off at all.


All you're going to need is some shoes (obvs). I used a pair of white slip on Vans because I like how clean and simple they are. You'll also need some strong glue and a pair of small scissors. I used these 6" Amplify Fabric Shears by Fiskars, which are the perfect size for cutting around the tight curves of the shoe.


I can honestly see myself making many pairs of these in the future. There's something about wearing an item that's totally unique that makes me really happy. I've had a lot of compliments on them too, which is always nice. Here's the tutorial I wrote for making them so that you can make your own.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hello Beautiful | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig