Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Colette Hawthorn

I have been participating in the Hawthorn sewalong by Colette Patterns, and here's my finished dress. I opted for the sleeveless version, but the pattern also has directions for two lengths of sleeve and also a peplum top too. I think I'll be making up a sleeved version when (if) time allows....

I used Entangled in Navy by the fabulously talented Heather Dutton through Spoonflower, in Kona cotton. LOVE this print - it's fun and a little quirky - but extremely wearable, which is important to me.

I sewed the contrasting collar in white cotton and added white piping at the center fronts. I like the break in the pattern it creates. Here's I'm wearing it with a (Target) blue belt I own, but I might keep my eyes open for something a little more bright - I'm thinking yellow, or my color of the moment - chartreuse.







I did have to make a few pattern adjustments. I worked out my first ever SBA, lengthened the bodice by about 1.5" and lengthened the skirt slightly. I thought I was going to have to do a wide shoulder adjustment too, but I guess my shoulders aren't as broad as I think they are because the muslin fitted fine so I left the shoulders alone. In all, it fits pretty well. I wanted to make sure there was room for me to move in it - I can't stand not being comfortable in my clothes.

Have you participated in the Hawthorn sewalong? Or maybe you're thinking about giving the pattern a try? Be sure to check out the Colette Patterns flickr group for inspiration.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hello Beautiful | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig